Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

This weekend was full of cooking:



It all started Saturday morning with a cup of Santaurio.  MMM delicious!  I made a nice French press and prepared myself for a day of romping through the city and cooking.  That morning I bought some vegetables with my friend Siena.  Lots of nice peppers and herbs.  I had a few recipes in mind so I later attacked them.



Focaccia with fresh mozzarella and pesto.  The focaccia was a fantastic choice--cheese and tomato.  I spread the pesto on, stacked the mozzarella  and tomato slices.  I used fresh basil and seasoned with some pepper.


I popped it in the over for a bit to melt the cheese and make the outside crunchy.  It was lovely.  Next I'll have to make the focaccia at home!

Also, I made some stuffed peppers.  They turned out just OK.  I will have to tweak my recipe a bit, it is pretty bland.  The colors are great though!



Stuffed yellow and Jalapeño peppers!

I still have so many red and yellow peppers left over and I am trying to put them to good use before they go bad.  Any suggestions?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, you rock!