Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Beer Review (4): Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale

































Brewery:  Weyerbacher |  Beer:  Imperial Pumpkin Ale
Beer Advocate Review Average (rAvg): 88
 

Thanks to a the suggestions from @DeadBait and my sister, I finally bought some Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale.  Man, I'm so glad that I did.  It comes in a 4-pack and is a little pricey, but the extra dollars paid off.  This beer, all the way from the initial smell to the mouth feel, is like pumpkin pie in my mouth.  Don't underestimate it's alcoholic punch.  This beer comes in at 8% abv and is potent.  Here's what they have to say, " It is heartier, spicier, and more “caramelly” and “pumpkiny” than its faint brethren! We have added lots of pumpkin along with cinnamon, nutmeg and a touch of cardamom and clove giving this beer a spicy, full-bodied flavor. This truly is an Imperial Pumpkin Ale."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, you rock!