|Bad picture by me, good place recommended by me.|
Stopped by 4th Street Cafe by chance a few weeks ago for a change of pace. Old City seems to be completely void of any decent coffee. Sorry to those diehard Old City Coffee fans or Ole' fans, I just cannot do it. So imagine my delight when I stepped into 4th street and they have Intelligentsia brewing! Giddy!
Normally I frown upon Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving has passed, but it was so flipping cozy and adorable in there. A+
If I haven't sold you yet, every 6th coffee is free if you join the coffee club. Small brewed coffee $1.50. Add a quarter as you increase the size. Sold.
- Brewed coffee: 4/5 stars. Usually two blends going, house and featured blend
- Espresso Based Drinks: ??? Haven't tried them out yet. I'm hesitant because they have their machine back in the kitchen which would make me think they don't put a lot of emphasis on high quality pulled shots. I have been wrong before, though! And I am no expert!
- Bagels: South Philly Bagels, can't go wrong! French Toast bagel at SPBagels #amirite
- Sandwiches: ??? Haven't tried them out, look good but skeptical of Le Bus. Are they for sure Le Bus? I did bad research
- Breakfast Sandwiches: ??? Look Bangin' and smell yummy.
I heard today they will be putting a new menu (?) or adding new items to existing menu soon. Guys, I am totally into this place! There is a bunch of seating, nice leather couches and more! Oh, and it's totally clean!
Did you know: The 4th Street Cafe is the retail component of VCTI (the Veterans Culinary Training Institute). You can follow 4th street @4thstreetcafepa on Twitter.