Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Busy In the Kitchen

WLL_Bread

I have all of these wonderful and different cookbooks on my shelf and I finally started earmarking some recipes.  After cutting back on some, well, what I thought to be grocery staples, I realized I could just make bread on my own.  Forget the floppy, sad loaf in the plastic bag.  Enter: Rohan's Super Easy Country Bread recipe.  My loaves came out a bit dense, but that's owed mainly to my house averaging some pretty cold temperatures in the Winter.  Hey!  I'm on a budget!  Hopefully as the temps rise my bread will do much better.  Only a quarter of the second loaf left!

Can I handle the Art of French Baking?  We shall see...

1 comment:

  1. I've just started making my own sourdough!!! It's a bit more work than the old trusty white loaf but the results are great!!! Hey that's my book!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you rock!