Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Beer Review (12): Vunderbar German Pilsner



Vunderbar German Pilsner


Brewery: Smuttynose | Beer: Vunderbar German Pilsner | Beer Advocate Score: 85 Abv: 5.20%

German malt and Czech Saaz hops are combined to give you one of the Summer's most refreshing pilsners.  Crafted by Smuttynose brewery, the Vunderbar graces your palette with a gentle and Noble hop taste and a clean and fragrant mouth feel.  I'm no beer expert, but this is one of my favorite pilsners all year.  My absolute favorite, hands down, was surprisingly not featured on here yet.  I'll have to share the Eurotrash Pilsner in a later post.  For now, the Vunderbar is sure to score some points with the pilsner-drinking crowd. Don't pass it up, it's on short batch.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not mega on Pilsener I must say, but that's cos I haven't found one I like yep, Still looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way until i actually gave a variety of them a try. A lot of people suggested the Urquell to me, but that's not really the Pilsener flavor I like. Like most beers, it all depends on what you like, but I think they are the perfect Summer beer. I'm not a huge IPA fan, so I like that pilseners are in abundance this time of year. Let me know if you find a good one!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, you rock!