Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Beer Review (15): Left Hand Oktoberfest

Brewery: Left Hand Brewing Company | Beer: Oktoberfest/Marzen Lager | Beer Advocate Score: 84 Abv: 6.6% | Past Left Hand Beer Reviews

It's getting to be that time of the year, so grab your favorite stein, slip into some leiderhosen and *prost*!  That's right, I'm a bit excited about Left Hand's Oktoberfest.  I can't believe this is the first time I'm trying it, I'm delightfully blown away by its sweet, caramel-y heft.  The mouth feel is smooth and creamy with some added spiciness to keep you alert so you don't fall off of your stool.  You know, because it's likely this beer will take you to a magical world filled with fairies, rainbows, and everything Lisa Frank-amazing.

Seriously though, there are flavors and spice laced into this brew that will blow your mind.  One reviewer mentioned notes of cherries and another said lemongrass.  I can't be sure that I've notice either, but maybe another six-pack for research purposes?

Even Muffin-The-Dog couldn't keep her paws off of it...





History of Oktoberfest here.

2 comments:

  1. strong recommendation and bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta for the recommendation. I've just gotten into beers since being with my boyfriend of 7 months - he loves a lot of good beers and introduce me them!

    x
    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you rock!