Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Nigel Slater's New Book: Notes from the Larder

Nigel Slater

 
Nigel Slater is by far my absolute favorite food writer/genius.  My first introduction to his work was about two years ago when whispers about the book Toast circulated around the web.  Since then I've read his memoir and even watched the movie.  I follow his articles in the Guardian and drool over his recipe books page by page.  He's more of a food lyricist than simply a recipe writer.  His level of culinary reflection and descriptiveness on each page can literally move you.  Seriously, as corny (food pun!) as that sounds, I was really moved reading about a simple avocado dish he talk about in Real Fast Food.  I can't wait to get my hands on his new book!!

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of him. I love cooking and eating, I'd sure check his recipe or in your words, a food lyricist whenever I am looking for something to cook!

    speaking of new book in general, i love new books i always get excited about them!

    thank you so much for the lovely comment about my painting- really appreciate the word of encouragment. i am always considering of making holiday themed greeting cards but struggling to make it happen since being jam-packed with the commissions. i have started designing and all so hopefully soon! keep your eyes out for the announcement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is great and hilarious. His recipes are so reliable (apart from the herb water - let's not speak of that). I must track down Toast, I kicked myself for missing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you rock!