Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Beer Review (28): Fort Collins Brewery Double Chocolate Stout

Fort Collins Brewery Double Chocolate Stout
BreweryFort Collins Brewery | Beer: Double Chocolate Stout | Beer Advocate Score: 83 Abv: 8.5%

If you are looking for flavor, look no further.  This was my first beer from FCB and and the Double Chocolate Stout packed a real punch.  I poured it into a tall glass and let it breath for a minute or two.  The creamy, thick stout smelled of bitter coffee and cocoa powder.  The alcohol was very present throughout and reminded me to 'go slow'.  And I did.  This was a very enjoyable beer that I would have again, especially if it was on tap somewhere.  Most beers, for me, that end up being good->above average, tend to be a home-run on tap.  

2 comments:

  1. looks pretty legit then, i'll add it to my favs on that beer app.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chocolate stout! I'm always trying to get my hands on Southern Tier's but I'm pretty sure that it's seasonal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you rock!