Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Flashback to South Korea 2013














I still can't believe all this time has gone by since my trip to South Korea.  I had the chance to spend time in Seoul and explore the city.  I navigated their super easy (and clean!) subway system with ease.  Since I stayed in (op, op, oppa) Gangnam (style) while in Seoul, taking the subway was absolutely necessary to cross the Han river into more lively tourist areas.

The stream in center city Seoul was part of an urban renewal project to rid the area of heavy highway use and turn it into something beautiful (read more).  The stream flows all the way to about where the Gyeongbokgung Palace is situated.  

There's also a shot of one of Zaha Hadid's creations in Dongdaemun.  The design plaza was supposed to be finished in 2012 and was still unfortunately blocked off and covered early Summer 2013.  Bummer!

Some other pictures are from the street food I ate and markets I walked through.  The more outdoorsy pictures were taken in Seoraksan on the North Eastern coast of S. Korea.  A very beautiful area if you can get out there.  The final picture was taken off of the S. Eastern edge of Jeju Island.  Some of you may have heard about the famous Jeju oranges?  Well, at least I've seen the dried variety at my local Trader Joe's.

Sort of a camera dump, but I thought to share something other than beer :)

1 comment:

  1. I bet that was quite an experience and one which not many people get to do.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you rock!