Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

My Food Bible: Nigel Slater's Real Fast Food

Nigel Slater's Real Fast Food, Very few food writers are as thrilling and skilled as Nigel Slater.  I know I've mentioned him a number of times on here, but he's too good to go unmentioned this spring.  I'm getting sick of the same old things I've been cooking and looking forward to a new season and new varieties of fresh foods at the market.  The way Nigel Slater talks about making food...the passion and knowledge behind every ingredient and the willingness to "wing-it" now and then with whatever is in the pantry makes him my culinary hero.  These aren't just recipes, but a whole conversation about food, food choices, patience and nourishment.  If you've never read Real Fast Food or you need inspiration to cook good, real, healthy food for yourself or others, pick this up.

Very few food writers are as thrilling and skilled as Nigel Slater.  I know I've mentioned him a number of times on here, but he's too good to go unmentioned this spring.  I'm getting sick of the same old things I've been cooking and looking forward to a new season and new varieties of fresh foods at the market.

The way Nigel Slater talks about making food...the passion and knowledge behind every ingredient and the willingness to "wing-it" now and then with whatever is in the pantry makes him my culinary hero.  These aren't just recipes, but a whole conversation about food, food choices, patience and nourishment.  If you've never read Real Fast Food or you need inspiration to cook good, real, healthy food, pick this up.  

1 comment:

  1. I have just read the sample of his book, good so far! Made me hungry.

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you rock!