Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

Bladerunner 2049




I had no real interest in seeing Bladerunner 2049 for the longest time.  I'm of that small percentage of people that never saw the original or had a desire to.  I kept driving by this billboard for weeks that reminded me of something I saw once.  The buildings in the background sort of haunted my commute and left me in a weird cloud of foggy nostalgia.  I couldn't put my finger on it. Until the other day I was clicking around this old blog and found a random post with this very tough, symmetrical looking building by Antonio Sant’Elia.  I've somehow always gravitated to the calculated, bold, symmetry of futurist architecture, but never even knew it had a real name.  So I dug a bit and Google-Image-Searched the hell out of this pictureArchdaily did a great write-up of the Barozzi Veiga to-be musem that BR'49 used in the film.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, you rock!