Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Beer Review (26): Sixpoint Brewery Global Warmer

Beer Review (25): Sixpoint Brewery Global Warmer
BrewerySixpoint Brewery | Beer: Red Ale | Beer Advocate Score: 88 Abv: 7.00%


We have a little bit of can action coming your way today.  Now, normally I would avoid this type of beer solely on the annoyingly tall and thin can it's packaged in.  Think Red Bull can.  But, feeling open to change, I grabbed it out of the refrigerator at the Corner Foodery on Sansom and gave it a go.

Very strong hops on this Red Ale and it completely overpowers the overall spiciness it's trying to achieve.  I like that it was a change from the stouts and porters I've been enjoying this season, but it was very overpowering.  It poured, as you can see, a very nice amber color with a yellowish head.  This is the first beer from Sixpoint I didn't care for too much.  Anyone out there have it?  I reviewed a Sixpoint Beer last year, here.

1 comment:

  1. I must admit it's got all the stuff I like in a beer but falls down flat by the sounds of it.


    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you rock!