Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Kilty Pleasure & Burns Night

Robbie BurnsKilty Pleasure

Philadelphia Brewing Co. unveils their mid-January favorite "Kilty Pleasure" just in time for Burns Night, which is celebrated on January 25th every year since 1801.  As you may know, Robert Burns was a poet, lyricist and much more to many Scottish folk and other, you know, regular folk ;).  10engines wrote a nice piece on the typical supper fare for the occasion.

How Kilty Pleasure stacks up:
BreweryPhiladelphia Brewing Co. | Beer: Scotch Ale | Beer Advocate Score: 84 Abv: 10.00%

I haven't had this beer, yet(!), but I love a good scotch ale.  The reviews seem fair and interesting.  I love a nice, thick , Belgium-style beer with heavy notes of scotch in the background.  Check out this post I wrote a few weeks ago about a delightful scotch ale.


Tam O' Shanter

Warlocks and witches in a dance:
Nae cotillon, brent new frae France,
But hornpipes, jigs, strathspeys, and reels,
Put life and mettle in their heels.


1 comment:

  1. I havent tried that either. I like the design, especially the tartan :)

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you rock!