Pages

Monday, August 27, 2018

Watkins Glen & Keuka Lake, NY







Watkins Glen, NY is one of the most scenic places I've been to. 19 waterfalls that I remember dreading so much 'hiking' to as a kid, I have now learned to appreciate as an adult. The steps carved into the stream's edge and the walkways built behind waterfalls definitely makes the trek worthwhile. Seneca Lake is a sight to see, but not nearly as spectacular as the way nature carved its way through layers upon layers of rock over the course of thousands of years. 

Just like any good ending to the summer, much was packed into a weekend away. Namely a night at Keuka lake. Yea, the funny shaped 'Y' finger lake of NY state. This one in particular is so clean and cheerful that I couldn't wait to get into the canoe and drift away.  Only regret during this entire trip is that it was too short and I would have loved to have my bicycle. Looking forward to venturing back one of these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, you rock!