Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Beer Review (22): Shiner Holiday Cheer by Spoetzl Brewery



Shiner Holiday Cheer by Spoetzl Brewery

Shiner Holiday Cheer by Spoetzl Brewery
BrewerySpoetzl Brewery | Beer: Shiner Holiday Cheer Dunkelweizen | Beer Advocate Score: 84 Abv:5.4%

The thing is, I love Shiner.  The first time I had a Shiner Bock I was sitting in Little Ginny's Longhorn Saloon somewhere in Austin, TX.  Feeling totally like I was in a time warp, but loving every second of it.  I swear I was the only one not wearing a bolo tie!

I can't believe I've passed over this beer countless times.  It surprised me so much!  Instead of an intense overload of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves--your usual Winter-beer suspects, I was delighted to taste pecans and peaches evenly spiced.  A REALLY worthwhile beer.  I think it may be my favorite this season, but then again, I have 15 more to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, you rock!