Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

Fall Beer: No Pumpkin Here

 It's that time of year when bars are featuring the spicy and flavorful pumpkin brews.  Well, maybe you're like me and have had your fair share this season and you're looking for something different?   1. The Alchemist - Heady Topper - Beer Advocate Score: 100  An Imperial IPA that is good great any time of the year.  8.0% ABV so go easy on this guy!  Tall cans perfect for your Wald bike rack or plopping in your favorite backpack.   2. Yards Brewing Co. - Pynk - Beer Advocate Score: 84  A vegetable beer?  A fruit beer?  How weird, right?  Well this is a strange beer but worth testing out.  Made with 3,000 pounds of of cherries and berries!   3. Great Lakes Brewing Co. - Lake Erie Monster - Beer Advocate Score: 86  Whoa Nelly, this Imperial IPA clocks in at 9.1% ABV and carries a mean punch.  I had this beer one early fall afternoon and sure felt it on the walk home.  Had a sweet, fruity, hoppy bite.   4. Left Hand Brewing Co. - Milk Stout- Beer Advocate Score: 88   What could I say that hasn't been said before? Well, maybe that this beer is still one of my favorite beers for the colder months.  Perfectly sweetened and thick enough to be a supreme stout.   5. Firestone Brewing Co. - Oaktoberfest - Beer Advocate Score: 85  A wonderfully delicious Oktoberfest brew that will hit the spot on a windy, chilly fall afternoon.  I'm a huge fan of Firestone and keep coming across beers from them I like more and more.     6. Terrapin Beer Co. - Moo Moo Chocolate Milk Stout - Beer Advocate Score: 88  Okay, truth is that I haven't actually had this beer yet.  BUT I would really like to try it in the near future.  I am never let down by Terrapin and this is an exciting, and oddly different take on the milk stout.  Pass over the cookies and hand me this beer!   7. Brooklyn Brewing Co. - Insulated Dark Lager - Beer Advocate Score: 86   Perfect time of the year for a nice, thick, dark lager.  Slightly sweet and with a 5.2% ABV, what could be bad?  American black barley and an array of hops makes this go down with a nice, memorable finish.     8. Left Hand Brewing Co. - Oktoberfest - Beer Advocate Score: 84  This beer is hands down (get it) one of my favorite beers of all time.  Yes, you heard that right.  And I wrote a little piece on it here.

It's that time of year when bars are featuring the spicy and flavorful pumpkin brews.  Well, maybe you're like me and have had your fair share this season and you're looking for something different?

1. The Alchemist - Heady Topper - Beer Advocate Score: 100
An Imperial IPA that is good great any time of the year.  8.0% ABV so go easy on this guy!  Tall cans perfect for your Wald bike rack or plopping in your favorite backpack.

2. Yards Brewing Co. - Pynk - Beer Advocate Score: 84
A vegetable beer?  A fruit beer?  How weird, right?  Well this is a strange beer but worth testing out.  Made with 3,000 pounds of of cherries and berries!


3. Great Lakes Brewing Co. - Lake Erie Monster - Beer Advocate Score: 86
Whoa Nelly, this Imperial IPA clocks in at 9.1% ABV and carries a mean punch.  I had this beer one early fall afternoon and sure felt it on the walk home.  Had a sweet, fruity, hoppy bite.

4. Left Hand Brewing Co. - Milk Stout- Beer Advocate Score: 88 
What could I say that hasn't been said before? Well, maybe that this beer is still one of my favorite beers for the colder months.  Perfectly sweetened and thick enough to be a supreme stout.

5. Firestone Brewing Co. - Oaktoberfest - Beer Advocate Score: 85
A wonderfully delicious Oktoberfest brew that will hit the spot on a windy, chilly fall afternoon.  I'm a huge fan of Firestone and keep coming across beers from them I like more and more.
 

6. Terrapin Beer Co. - Moo Moo Chocolate Milk Stout - Beer Advocate Score: 88
Okay, truth is that I haven't actually had this beer yet.  BUT I would really like to try it in the near future.  I am never let down by Terrapin and this is an exciting, and oddly different take on the milk stout.  Pass over the cookies and hand me this beer!

7. Brooklyn Brewing Co. - Insulated Dark Lager - Beer Advocate Score: 86 
Perfect time of the year for a nice, thick, dark lager.  Slightly sweet and with a 5.2% ABV, what could be bad?  American black barley and an array of hops makes this go down with a nice, memorable finish.
 

8. Left Hand Brewing Co. - Oktoberfest - Beer Advocate Score: 84
This beer is hands down (get it) one of my favorite beers of all time.  Yes, you heard that right.  And I wrote a little piece on it here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, you rock!